The one I'm most excited about is a product that's been requested for a few years now - yes, I said years. When we first introduced Bellissima Mineral Makeup, I believe it was during the first week that a customer asked if we had a Mineral Makeup Setting Spray. We didn't, but the seed was planted... and we've been working on it ever since!
The thing is, I didn't want 'just' a mineral setting spray - I wanted something that would be great for all skin types, would improve the look of skin and the minerals, that would be skin-healthy - and would actually work!
And of course, in true Bellissima style, it had to be as natural as possible and completely free of oils, alcohol, parabens, synthetic fragrance and, as I found out through my research, propylene glycol.
Propylene glycol, while 'natural', may cause eye or skin irritation, and as far as I'm concerned, just doesn't belong in a leave-on product that will be misted on the face. Since it's main purpose in this type of application is moisturization, I figured I could replace it with ingredients more appropriate and certainly less controversial.
And so, after much research and testing, I developed Bellissima Mineral Makeup Setting Spritz!
The ingredients are simple and healthy:
- Floral Waters of Rose, Rosehip and Lavender for astringent and antibacterial properties, their vitamins and nutrients, as well as for their aromatic and aromatherapeutic qualities
- White Willow Bark Extract for its astringent, moisturizing and toning properties
- Green Tea Extract for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties
- Chamomile Extract for its anti-inflammatory, soothing and healing properties
- Rose Canina Extract for its emollient, astringent and antioxidant properties
- Vegetable Glycerin for moisturizing and emolliency
- Citric Acid for balancing ph
- Aloe Vera Juice for its moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and healing properties
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol T-50) for its antioxidant, photoprotectant and moisturizing properties
- Silver Citrate, which in conjunction with Citric Acid, is part of a natural preservative system known as Tinosan SDC - which is free of parabens, formaldehyde and phenols.
And I'm so, so pleased with the finished product and it's performance!
It's main purpose is to set your mineral makeup application to help prevent smudging and smearing and help reduce the need for touch-ups throughout the day. It provides a protective layer that seals the minerals and helps in resisting water, humidity, even tears. And the vitamin and nutrient rich ingredients will also help provide moisture, reduce inflammation and provide anti-aging benefits!
It can also be used as a gentle leave-on toner after cleansing and as a primer beneath your mineral makeup. I leave mine in the fridge during the summer months to provide a cooling, refreshing spray of moisture anytime I need it!
Bellissima Mineral Makeup Setting Spritz, 2.4oz in a conveniently sized spray bottle, is now available at two of our online shops:
If you have any questions or have given it a try, feel free to leave a comment!