Friday, March 27, 2009

A First: Etsy Treasury Feature


I'm so excited!

I opened my Etsy shop in late December, but was so overwhelmed during and after the Holidays that it went horribly neglected. I've just recently been able to focus both my attention and my efforts on my store and have learned a lot, made wonderful friends and even had a few successful sales.

And for the first time, one of my items is currently featured in an Etsy Treasury!

For those of you unfamiliar, Etsy, as the http://www.etsy.com/ states, is "an online marketplace where you can buy and sell items that are handmade, as well as vintage goods and crafting supplies." As I've discovered, it's also a community of incredibly talented artisans willing to share their knowledge and experience and motivate others to success.

Now, an Etsy Treasury, also from http://www.etsy.com/, "is a member-curated gallery of short-lived lists of 12 hand-picked items each. Members can feature their favorite items, items selected on a theme or just whoever they like. The Treasury is not intended for self-promotion, but instead to acknowledge and share the many cool things for sale on Etsy." Many people choose a theme for their Treasury, making them interesting and fun to view. And as an added bonus, Etsy Aministrators often choose an exceptional Treasury list to promote to the homepage hand-picked items. The dividends for both the Treasury owner and featured artisans are clearly added exposure for their items and shops.

Treasuries are highly valued commodities among etsy artisans, and nabbing one is incredibly difficult. There are only 333 available, and very few are up for grabs at any one time. And, of course, only 12 items can be chosen per Treasury. The odds of being featured, as far as I can tell, are pretty astronomical. I thought for sure that it would be months - or possibly even years - before I'd see one of my items featured!

But, as you can see, I've made it! Emma of emmasfancies has graciously featured one of my handcrafted soaps in her Treasury "Pretty In Pastel: A Few of My Favorites". I'm honored to be among such a talented group of artisans and that my Avocado & Lime Soap with Olive Oil & Shea Butter is among a group of incredibly gorgeous items! Doesn't Emma's Treasury just make you think Spring? She reminds us that it's right around the corner.

Thank you, Emma!
And be sure to visit Emma's Shop and say Hello! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6333959

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am incredibly interested in what you have to say - please leave a Comment about what you've read!