Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Lather Project: 30 Soaps in 30 Days - Day 13, Soap 13

Today is Day 13!

And time for another soap that serves a purpose: shaving soap!

The first time I shaved with handmade soap a tear came to my eye - and not from pain for a change!

I spent years investing in higher quality and more expensive razors, testing various hair removal products even trying hot wax and sugaring. When those Smooth-Away sandpaper-style pads came out, I had to practically restrain myself from picking up the phone and ordering! Shaving has just always been an issue for me.

But handmade soap has solved so many of my shaving problems. I rarely nick, scrape or cut myself anymore, there’s no stinging or cringing, no peeling, chafing or dry, flaky skin afterwards. I get the closest shave I’ve ever been able to achieve and my skin looks and feel fabulous! I don’t even need to use the gallons of lotion afterwards like I used to!

There are so many wonderfully emollient oils and soothing ingredients that can be added to a handmade soap, making a shaving soap that really works and feels fantastic. It actually helps to make shaving a pleasure rather than a chore - well, almost!

And here’s the description for Soap #13:

Bellissima Shaver’s Companion All-Natural Luxury Shaving Soap

Our amazing All-Natural Shaving Soap is incredibly lathering and deliciously creamy with our lavish blend of vitamin- & nutrient-enriched all veggie & plant oils. I include lots of both mango and shea butter to make this bar super-velvety, castor oil for plenty of lather, and sunflower, sweet almond and grapeseed oils to leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and hydrated.

I carefully infuse aloe juice with soothing oatmeal, and infuse water and oils with gentle chamomile and calendula to produce a gentle and moisturizing bar of shaving soap. Kaolin clay is added to provide ‘slip’ to help the razor glide smoothly across the skin. We’ve chosen to leave this bar both fragrance- and color-free for a completely natural shaving experience.

Look for Soap #13 for sale in our shop soon at
http://BellissimaMinerals.etsy.com

Tune in Tomorrow for Soap #14!

2 comments:

  1. i've never tried shaving soap before. i'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never tried before! sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I am incredibly interested in what you have to say - please leave a Comment about what you've read!