Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Lather Project: 30 Soaps in 30 Days - Day 20, Soap 20

We’re on Soap #20!

I can hardly believe it - only 10 more days left on The Lather Project!

For those of you who voted in our Poll and did not select Amber Vanilla (Soap #15), I have no intention of disappointing! Today’s soap is Cracked Black Pepper!

With Father’s Day coming up, I wanted to offer something in a more masculine scent. I have to admit that although I have lots of fragrance oils, I have very few - if any - that specifically (and supposedly) appeal to men. No bay rum, no sandalwood, no cedar - although I have every intention of adding these and more to my collection someday.

Men just don’t think about scented soap the way women do - I think…

My husband, for example, likes all kinds of soap fragrances - everything from a simple vanilla to the highly complex Avocado & Lime. But his favorite so far? Prickly Pear Cactus (Soap #19) - who’d have thought that would appeal to a man? But he drooled over it all day yesterday (and today), asking me three times already when he could grab one for the shower.

So I don’t quite buy into the stereotypical men’s scents - I like to think that a man’s sense of smell is every bit as sophisticated as a woman’s, and that a wide variety of fragrances are as appealing to them as they are to us.

But personally, I prefer spicy for a man - and Cracked Black Pepper fits the bill!

So, here’s the description for Soap #20:

Bellissima Handmade Cracked Black Pepper Coconut Milk Soap

Our amazing Coconut Milk Bar Soap in Cracked Black Pepper is incredibly creamy and has impossible lather due to lots & lots of organic coconut milk! Our lavish blend of vitamin- & nutrient-enriched all-veggie oils keep this bar vegan friendly and luxuriously nourishing. I include olive & coconut oils to make this wonderfully cleansing and sunflower and rice bran oils to leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and hydrated. Pure black pepper essential oil and real cracked black peppercorns elevate this soap to a spa-quality experience!

Cracked Black Pepper delivers the sweet, spicy, warm aroma of sun-dried peppercorns with a hint of woody and floral notes and fresh, green, almost-fruity undertones. Cracked Black Pepper is exotic and earthy, stimulating and sensual, energizing and refreshingly different - and without a doubt a sexy and masculine fragrance!

Look for Cracked Black Pepper Coconut Milk Soap for sale at
http://BellissimaMinerals.etsy.com in the next few days.

Tune In Tomorrow For Soap #21!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! This sounds interesting. You have some great unique scents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect kitchen soap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, this soap sounds amazing! I would love to try it!

    urchiken at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like an interesting combo. i've never tried black pepper soap before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black Pepper+ Coconut =sounds too good!

    ReplyDelete

I am incredibly interested in what you have to say - please leave a Comment about what you've read!